Previously I wrote about a great accommodation option for the Hunter Valley which is in close proximity to vineyards and restaurants. Today I am adding the sights that I think are a must for first time travellers. They give you an insight in to how wineries operate and the fresh produce that is on offer from local farms. To add these items to your personal travel list make sure you head to the Wise Guides iPhone app. For my Hunter Valley travel guide that covers the essential sights for first-time visitors continue reading…
HUNTER VALLEY GARDENS
- A one-stop-shop for a taste of everything the Hunter Valley has to offer.
- Cafes, gift shops, wine tasting, local cheeses and chocolates.
- Beautiful gardens which come to life in October and November during the Rose Spectacular, with some 35,000 rose bushes!
- Activities such as aqua golf for the more adventurous travellers.
- Perfect family location, especially during the Christmas Lights display.
FIRST CREEK WINES
- An essential stop for learning about the winemaking and bottling process.
- Daily tours from 10:30am.
- 30 minute tour costs only $5 which is redeemable on purchases.
- An insight in to the barrel-to-bottle process in a factory which bottles and labels wine for more than 100 companies.
MOOREBANK PRIVATE VINEYARD
- Family run boutique winery with wine named after each of their 5 children.
- Friendly and welcoming cellar door tastings.
- An insight in to local life and fresh produce.
- Delicious condiments available for purchase. I highly recommend the handmade lemonade syrup!
- Champagne, good food and chocolate, you can’t go wrong :)
- Try their famous bubbly breakfast for an indulgent start to the morning.
- Cellar door specialising in sparkling wine and their signature Blush bubbles.
- Between Restaurant Cuvee, the chocolate shop and Oyster Bar, there is no shortage of delicious food to accompany your wine.
For an interactive look at the places above feel free to join me on Wise Guides. You can view all of my suggestions on a map and add individual locations to your own ‘to do’ list.